Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hey Guys,

Well I thought I'd just check in and say hi (and let you know who "Kid Fury" was). First the nickname. I'm a good 8 or 9 years younger than most of the guys I used to play golf with up in Washington; hence the "Kid" portion. "Fury", I'm afraid relates to some temper issues that I may have allegedly had on the golf course...and perhaps in other locations as well. I think I set a record with three broken clubs one summer. Oops. Anyway, there you have it...an explanation.

Monica and I really enjoyed seeing everyone (missed you Crystal) at my Dad's funeral, even though it was not under ideal circumstances. We are getting back to life and heading to San Diego tonight for some much needed R&R.

I'll try and post a sunset shot of Point Loma.

Dave

5 comments:

Michael said...

Those who have played golf with me have seen my sand wedge make it to the green before I have, but to date I have not broken any clubs. Like you Dave, I have grown out of the temper on the course, I have learned that if at least one other golfer is playing worse then I am, I can still enjoy my day.

Golf is a game best played a lot or a little, in between kills you.

Crystal said...

Dave, I was sorry I couldn't make the trip with Dan. I admired your Dad's strength and persistence, the GA Wards will miss him.
Mike, I distinctly remember your wedge cartwheeling across the green above my head and Danny quietly going behind fixing the trenches it left! You may also remember the world famous drive where I drove the ball straight down into the grass, tee and all.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time ... you have it coming!

Anonymous said...

I love Point Loma. I lived a summer right near Ocean Beach and Point Loma. I only made it out to the end of Point Loma once but I watched many a sunset from Torrey Pines or Sunset Cliffs. Hope you all have a nice time.

Debbs said...

ah ha. you should know that this trait comes from your Ward side. Uncle Doug may have been barred from golf courses due to this particular problem ...