Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Acadia: The Movies

They say a picture is worth a thousand words... and they also say, when you have no skill at photography, take a video. Ok, so they don't say that, but, well, who cares what they say anyway. Here's some video from our recent "half the sibs reunion". Please note, no animals (including bike riders) were harmed in the production of this video and you must click the play button twice (on each of the videos) to make them play. Hope you enjoy.

Act One: "The Sister Hunter"
My attempt at art school videography



Act Two: "The Porcubeaver"


Act Three: "The Ride"
Wow! Was this fun!






This was far and away one of the best trips of my life and will forever be a great memory. It was so much fun to reconnect with my sisters. Kristie is living in one of the most stunningly beautiful natural areas in our country and it was great fun to visit her and and enjoy the memory of her time there together. Along with biking, hiking (the great "near death hiking acident" video will be posted later), and exploring we played cards, chatted and ate great food (I had clam chowder every where we went). I've long believed that the best gift you can give is time and happy memories. I hope that someday soon the rest of the sibs (and our sibmates and the parental units) can get together for a similar adventure. Olympic National Park anyone? Love and miss you all!

Charlie

Prologue: "The Beach" I asked a man from the UK to take a photo but forgot to change the settings. I'm always forgetting to do that... and although we don't move much, the waves are fun to watch. Very Short.

Bonus Material: "Cut. Cut. Cut. or Oops! I've got it on filming" Again. I keep forgetting to change the camera/video settings. There are a lot more where these came from, but i'll spare you. The sisters kept ribbing me about it all weekend. I have to have at least ONE flaw, right?


1 comment:

Michael said...

Now I really feel bad that I was not invited to the half sib reunion. You look like you had a lot of fun, I kept expecting you to run into one of those large rocks on the side of the road.....I don't know that I could do that without crashing.